Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Animated Series Ideas

THESE ARE THE IDEAS THAT I HAVE COME UP WITH FOR MY ANIMATED SERIES THING


1. This idea is called 'The Student Life'. I’m going to gather as many funny stories and memories from students from Schools, Colleges and Universities and make them part of it. So the series would actually be an animated series of real people’s funny memories.

To do this I set up a group on a social networking website, http://www.facebook.com/ as it is very popular among University and College students. I have 20 members at the moment but sadly only 1 person has left any stories. I’m hoping it will spread across Facebook as many other groups have done before.

My group website is http://hud.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2232490978

I thought that this would also make it popular with students and interactive as well because people have to send in their stories. Like a constant competition, where the prize is to have you and your friends animated and your stories told! The one problem with this is that you don’t get to know your characters unless I had a host character who introduced the story or something similar. Another idea is to have my own characters who act out the students stories.

2. This idea is pretty similar to the first idea but each episode shows a character doing a different funny thing to survive school. Such as how not to get stuck in a locker or how to arrive to lessons in style.etc.

3. This is a series about an adorable looking dog that seems to always get himself into the wrong situations or happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Sort of like an animated series of the book ‘The Book of Bunny Suicides’ but my dog.

4. You may have heard of a new online animated series based on the Radio 1 show, The Chris Moyles Show. A company called ‘Popnoodles’ created a south park type animation version called ‘The Little Chris Moyles Show’.

You can see the episodes at http://www.popnoodles.com/

My idea was to do a similar thing but with Scott Mills, another popular Radio 1 DJ. I could also get the sound from his show as they did with the Chris Moyles one and make the voices high pitched. It is very simple animation if I did the same kind as Popnoodles but I could make it a different style so it’s not the same.

5. ‘101 ways to die’ This Idea is very similar to the dog one but every episode is another stupid way to die. Such as sitting on the toilet and it exploding or walking out in front of a Hearse!

6. This is about a cat who is always hungry and every time it’s food time the phone or door rings or other distraction to stop the owner from opening the tin to give him his food so he comes up with different ways of trying to open the tin. Sort of Tom & Jerry style or even Warner Brothers. Just silly humorous ways for the cat to do stupid things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Emma, thanks for the reference, however Popnoodles is not a company - it's me and only me.