Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Back at Uni

Awww Im back at Uni :)
As you may know I have been ill so I have missed a few lectures but I dont think that I missed much.
I've already been given 3 projects.

1. Make a 1 minute trailer for a 52 episode animated series that are each 3 minutes long.
*** Not sure what Im going to do for this yet but I have to come up with characters and a story to do it. Maybe something like Joe Cartoons stuff or Happy Tree Friends or even the short cartoons you see on Cartoon Network. Another idea is to gather as many funny stories from students and people funny memories from St Davids and make them part of it... Like 'The Student Life' or something ***

2. My next bit of work is a very encouraging one as its The E STINGS competition. Its run by E4 and you basically make one of the Idents (Before a programme starts the little animations of the logo doing something). It has to be 6 to 10 seconds long and I must use either the E4 logo or the E4 Music logo. My teacher added that it has to be a 3D animation too. (Just to make it harder).
The winner recieves a commission from E4 to make a series of idents with a £15,000 budget and Two runner-ups will each receive £1500 worth of kit of their choice.
That's definitly encouraged me to come up with something good!!!
*** I've got a few ideas... silly things at the moment. When I have my notebook with me I'll add them as a new note. ***
Heres the website - www.channel4.com/estings

3. This is to choose an artist and create a font to do with his work. I need to come up with 4 design proposals, then a finished alphabet and an online advert.
*** At the moment I have 3 artists in mind. Alexander Calder, HR Giger and Keith Haring. I have a few ideas in mind but I cant really explain them so again I will put any sketchs up later.

No comments: