Monday, October 30, 2006

Workshop

In Workshop we have been doing a lot but here is a basic low down on what we have actually been up to.
We started by doing mind maps, which is one of my biggest hates in design! I did enjoy the group mind map though as you got some funny answers :D We had the theme Autobiography given to use so when I next see a scanner I will up load my mind map for you all to see how much I wrecked my mind thinking of ideas to go in it!!!
NOTE 2 SELF!!!
Remember to add drawings, colour and NO arrows!!!

We watched 'How art made the world' which is a BBC documentary that was very interesting even if I knew a lot of it any way. I found the story of Gilgemesh (ignore spelling) story quite interesting and especially like the idea of Trajens Column (again sorry cant spell) its a really good idea and I will have to go see it when I go to Italy this Christmas!!!
I made some points of what most good stories include - a hero, a good plot, sound and emotion!!!

Next up is scanning!!! It was basically learning how to scan and edit our storyboards but next bit is going to be my notes sorry!!!
Scanning - File, Import, Scanner name. Do in Office mode and scan at 800dpi
Save my storyboards as PNG and if there's no colour turn into greyscale.
Also, always make master files, which are high quality and DON'T mess with them... they are a back up!!!

There were a few problems with Illustrator but I got the idea, I don't particularly like Freehand so I think I will stick. Sorry my notes again.
File, Place
Find image on PC
Shift key to keep to scale.

Window, transform - set box to 160mm x 90mm

New
Size - A4
Units - mm
RGB Colour

Place storyboard box over the image. High light both!!!
Object - Clipping mask - make

LOCK LAYERS
Option + Alt
Pick object, press O+A and makes copies
If you press shift after goes up/across exactly

Control + Y = to see unseable objects

Well unless I have other notes that's what I have so far. Enjoy :)

No comments: